Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The First Of Many

Hey everyone. My name is Julia Carter, a recent early graduate from Wheaton North high school. I will be blogging to you from three amazing countries: Guatemala, Panama and Brazil. 
One of the main reasons I graduated early from high school was because I knew I had a unique opportunity  to go abroad and not only travel but have the privilege of immersing myself in completely different cultures and volunteering among different projects. I've known for a while that traveling and helping others is a passion of mine, so having this opportunity was definitely something I was going to take advantage of. 
Before my departure from the States, I decided that in an effort to do more, I was going to raise money for the different organizations I'd be working with in the near future. To raise the money, I made embroidery bracelets like the one shown in the pictures below.

I was able to make up to 60 bracelets.
I sold the bracelets at my temple and from the help of my friends and family, I was able to raise $1200.  
I will be be seeking out local projects; with the help of my brother Adam, who is the founder of http://www.causeandaffectfoundation.org/. I can't thank you all enough for all your support and I'll check back in soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment